Start a new topic
Implemented

DB Connection query Burst - HTML format

Current Format delivery options for a DB Connection query via Burst are limited to Excel, Qlik QVX, Tableau Data Extract & Tableau Packaged Workbook. Would like to request HTML format delivery option too please.

Hey Kieth. Thanks for the idea. As you know, the Excel option for a database query is not formatted. It's just the raw data resulting from the query. Do you envision an HTML file that is also unformatted (i.e., just raw data in HTML format)?

Yes that is precisely correct. To be used as a snap shot of the data & possible a generic Web data source for other tools too.

We are adding HTML format for DB Query in Build 235.

Hey Kieth. You will find an HTML format option for burst DBQuery in Build 235 ALPHA. There is also a DBQry_Table.css file in the InfoBurst application root folder. It can be used to customize the format of the HTML.

1 person likes this

Thank you very much for getting this added.

My initial testing, the default formatting is fine so far. However, we're noticing that with HTML format selected the Burst does not include the 'Message' part of the burst anymore. Regardless if the 'Message' is in the Delivery or the Burst Properties.

Thanks Kieth. This is a bug and I've logged a ticket on your behalf to investigate.

Login or Signup to post a comment