This article describes the requirements for installing InfoBurst. Requirements may vary based on intended usage.
InfoBurst should be installed on a dedicated virtual server for ease of backup, update, and restoration.
- Versions 2012-2022 (x86/x64)
Microsoft .NET Framework:
- InfoBurst Version 2021.1 and later: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 (installed automatically with InfoBurst installation)
- InfoBurst Build 240 or earlier: Microsoft .NET Frameworks 3.5 SP1 and 4.7.2
- Dual CPU 2.5GHz
- 8GB RAM
- 1GB on installation partition for application files
- 2GB on C partition for initial installation
- 512MB+ free space at all times for system operation
- Versions 2012-2019
- Dedicated database
- Autogrowth enabled
- SQL Server Authentication or Windows Authentication
- User privileges: DROP TABLE, CREATE TABLE, CREATE INDEX, ALTER TABLE
- Versions 11g-19c
- Dedicated schema
- No Oracle client is required. InfoBurst deploys and utilizes the Oracle Managed Data Access driver.
- User privileges: CREATE TABLE, CREATE TRIGGER, CREATE SEQUENCE, CREATE INDEXTYPE, UNLIMITED TABLESPACE
The InfoBurst user interface requires an HTML5-compliant web browser.
- See Platform Configurations (SAP BusinessObjects > Supported Versions) for details
- Major version and support package updates are supported within 90 days of general release
InfoBurst communicates with SAP BusinessObjects via the Business Intelligence Platform Web Services (BIPRWS). BIPRSW is hosted in the BusinessObjects WebApplicationContainerServer (WACS). WACS must be running and its port (default port = 6405) open for successful connectivity from InfoBurst.
A successful connection will result in an XML response similar to the following:
Access to legacy Tomcat web services may be required in some circumstances. To test for Tomcat web services connectivity (default port = 8080), open a browser tab and enter:
Tableau Server 2021.2 and earlier
InfoBurst Build 240 or earlier: Publication of the Hyper file format requires installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.
SQL Server Reporting Services
- SQL Server Express is not supported