This article describes how to move the InfoBurst application from one server to another.
Any server dependencies used by InfoBurst must be replicated on the new server prior to installation. Dependencies can include:
- Windows account assigned to the InfoBurst service
- Local network shares or source files
- ODBC connections
- Mail server whitelisting
- Network printer drivers
Application Server Move
This process pertains only to the relocation of the InfoBurst application server. See Moving a Repository for details on relocating a repository.
Original Application Server (Server #1)
Stop and disable the InfoBurst service.
New Application Server (Server #2)
See the Connect to an Existing Repository section of Repositories for instructions to connect Server #2 to the database repository previously used by Server #1.
- Open a Remote Desktop session to Server #2
- Open the application root folder (default = C:\Program Files\InfoSol\InfoBurstPlatform)
- Double-click license.exe to launch the license manager
- Select and delete the license from Server #1
- Install the license key for Server #2
- Restart the InfoBurst service