This article describes the InfoBurst disaster recovery model and process.
The InfoBurst Disaster Recover (DR) model is passive. In the event of a production InfoBurst server outage, the disaster recovery server is enabled manually and connected to the production InfoBurst repository. The steps are described below.
The DR process may vary based on your specific disaster recovery requirements. Please contact the InfoSol Help Desk for assistance tailoring a DR process for your requirements.
- Install InfoBurst on the DR server
- Software version installed on DR must match software version on the production server
- Do not create a repository connection during installation. The connection will be established when the DR server is activated.
- Obtain a license for the DR server and store in the application root folder (default = C:\Program Files\InfoSol\InfoBurstPlatform)
- Ensure server dependencies match the production server (see Move an Application Server > Recommendations)
- Stop and disable the InfoBurst service
Enable the DR Server
Follow these steps to disable the InfoBurst production server and enable the InfoBurst DR server.
Connect the Repository
- Stop and disable the InfoBurst service on the production server (if applicable)
- Enable and start the InfoBurst service on the DR server
- Use Connect to an Existing Repositoryto create a new connection to the production repository
- Use Switch to an Existing Repository if the production repository connection has already been created
- Restart the InfoBurst service
Apply the DR Server License
- Open a Remote Desktop session to the InfoBurst server
- Open the application root folder (default = C:\Program Files\InfoSol\InfoBurstPlatform)
- Double-click license.exe to launch the license manager
- Select and delete the production server license
- Install the DR server license key
- Restart the InfoBurst Platform Server service
Script License Management
Use the Command Line License Manager to optionally script (automate) application of the DR server license key.
Disable the DR Server
Reverse the steps listed under Enable the DR Server to disable the DR server and enable the production server.
- Re-run XDCs to build caches on the DR server
- Update dashboard connections to reflect DR server name/address