This article describes the InfoBurst disaster recovery model and process.
The InfoBurst Disaster Recover model is passive. In the event of a production InfoBurst server outage, the disaster recovery server is enabled manually and connected to the production InfoBurst repository. The steps are described below.
- Install the InfoBurst Platform software on the DR server
- Software version installed on DR must match software version on the production server
- Do not create a repository connection during installation. The connection will be established when the DR server is activated.
- Obtain a license for the DR server and store in the application root folder (default = C:\Program Files (x86)\InfoSol\InfoBurstPlatform)
- Ensure server dependencies match the production server (see Move an Application Server > Recommendations)
- Stop and disable the InfoBurstPlatform service
Enable the DR Server
Follow these steps to disable the InfoBurst production server and enable the InfoBurst DR server.
Connect the Repository
- Stop and disable the InfoBurstPlatform service on the production server (if applicable)
- Enable and start the InfoBurstPlatform service on the DR server
- Open a command prompt (Run as administrator)
- Change directory to the application root folder (default = C:\Program Files (x86)\InfoSol\InfoBurstPlatform)
- Enter SwitchRepo
- Enter 2 (Connect to another repo)
- Enter number corresponding to database type used by the production server
- Enter the number of the connection if you have previously formed a connection to the production repository. Then proceed to the service restart. Otherwise, proceed with creating a new connection.
- DB User: Enter database username
- DB Password: Enter database password
- Database Server: Enter database server address
- See Platform Preparation & Installation > Post-Installation > Repository Setup for database-specific connection strings
- Catalog: Enter database name (SQL Server only)
- Enter YES to switch repository
- Restart the InfoBurstPlatform service
Apply the DR Server License
- Open the application root folder (default = C:\Program Files (x86)\InfoSol\InfoBurstPlatform)
- Double-click license.exe to launch the license manager
- Select and delete the production server license
- Install the DR server license key
- Restart the InfoBurst Platform Server service
Script License Management
Use the Command Line License Manager to optionally script (automate) application of the DR server license key.
- Re-run XDCs to build caches on the DR server
- Update dashboard connections to reflect DR server name/address