This article describes commonly used InfoBurst terms.
Terms and Definitions
- Action: An Action can occur based on the status of a Burst, XDC, or schedule. Actions include sending an email notification, executing a database query, or running an external program.
- Burst: A Burst contains one or more documents and defines how the documents are bursted, published, and delivered.
- Bursting: Produce multiple outputs from a single document where each output contains different data.
- Catalog: To catalog a document means to add a document to InfoBurst.
- Database Connection: Represents a connection to SQL Server, Oracle, or ODBC database and can contain one or more queries.
- Event: An Event is used to trigger a Schedule and can be based on the result of a database query or presence of a trigger file in a network share.
- Platform: A Platform represents the connection between the InfoBurst Platform and Business Intelligence reporting platforms like SAP BusinessObjects and delivery destinations like SharePoint.
- Repository: The InfoBurst Platform repository is a database schema where InfoBurst data is stored and maintained.
- Schedule: A Schedule can contain one or more Bursts or XDCs and determines when those objects are executed.
XDC: The XML Data Cache (XDC) is a cache of data designed to be consumed by an SAP Dashboard or custom web application and can be sourced from a BusinessObjects Web Intelligence document or database query.