Base a File List on Excel, SharePoint List, or text file and use it as a Data Source.
Use a File List for:
- Parameter and filter values
- Delivery email list
Create a File List
To create an object, select Manage then a folder.
- Select New > File List
- Name: Enter a name
- Source:Select a source
- From Network: Select Excel or text file from a Network Folder
- From Platform: Select Excel, SharePoint List, or text file from a Platform
- From InfoBurst: Select Excel or text file that has been added to InfoBurst. Be advised this option uses the static version of the file added to InfoBurst.
- Select the Select File button to select a file
- Select the Save button
- Default Column: Enter default column to return when source contains multiple columns
- Condition: Enter condition to refine values returned
- Example: State='AZ'
- Use Formatted Values: Enabled this option to return raw data types from Excel (STRING/NUMBER/DATE). Disable the option to use Excel formatted values (all values returned as STRING).
To preview (test) the File List, define a Default Column and save. Then select the double arrow button (right). Remove the Default Column and save if you do not intend to use a default column (recommended).
Creating & Using a Data Source