This article describes Intelligent Email Delivery. This delivery method is used to burst a single report and deliver the resulting content to the appropriate email recipients. For example, a report is burst for a list of cities then the each resulting city report is sent to a different city manager.
A tabluar data source must include a column containing bursting values and a corresponding column containing recipient email addresses.
- Create a database query to return the city and email columns
- Create a Burst
- Assign the database query as the data source for bursting values
- Create an email delivery
- Select To
- Select Users from > Entered Value
- Enter the Extra Column macro for the data source email column (example: [%email])
- Select the green plus button to add the macro to the Recipients list
- Configure a format
- Select Save
- Execute the Burst