The InfoBurst Portal supports custom single sign-on (SSO). A custom identification can be passed to InfoBurst via HTTP header for authentication.
Configure Customer Header Name
A custom header can be used to pass a value (username, GUID, etc.) to InfoBurst for SSO authentication. The custom header name is configured using IBConfig:
- Open a command prompt (Run as administrator)
- Change directory to the application root folder (default = C:\Program Files (x86)\InfoSol\InfoBurstPlatform)
- Enter IBConfig IBPortalSSO x-<HEADER NAME>
- <HEADER NAME> is a user-defined value
- Example: x-auth-id
Configure Authentication Data Source
Use of InfoBurst Portal SSO requires use of Authentication Data Source. You must configure Authentication Data Source prior to utilizing SSO. See Authentication Management > Authentication Data Source for details.
With Authentication Data Source configured:
- Add column SSO to the Authentication Data Source
- Add SSO value for each user record
The SSO value is injected into the HTTP header. The InfoBurst Portal user accesses the portal URL. The SSO value is passed to InfoBurst. InfoBurst looks up the SSO value in the Authentication Data Source. If a matching user record is found, then the user is automatically logged into the InfoBurst Portal.