This article describes the process to perform a new installation of InfoBurst (versions 2021.1.2 and later). See Applying an Update for instructions for updating an existing InfoBurst installation.
- Ensure Requirements & Compatibility are fulfilled
- Download the InfoBurst installer to the server
- Review 64-bit Migration if migrating from 32-bit InfoBurst (Builds 240 and earlier)
- Install the current version. Patches can only be issued for the current version.
- Right-click the installation file and select Run as administrator (if applicable)
- Select Next on the Prerequisites Setup Wizard to install the required Microsoft .NET Framework (if applicable). .NET Framework installation may require a server restart.
- Select Next on InfoBurst Setup Wizard Screen
- In-Place Migration from Build 240: Review 64-bit Migration before proceeding if the current InfoBurst version is Build 240
- Select I accept the terms of the License Agreement then select Next
- Select Next to install in default folder. Select Change to install in directory other than default, then select Next.
- Windows Service Credentials: Enter a Windows administrator account to run the InfoBurst service. This step is recommended but not required. The service account can be applied post-installation if necessary.
- Repository Management: A blank SQLite repository is created for new installations
- An alternate database repository can be created in SQL Server or Oracle post-installation if required
- For in-place 64-bit migration, a blank SQLite repository is not created. The installation will automatically use the repository previously used by Build 240
- Select Install
The InfoBurst user interface will automatically be launched when the installation completes. The user interface requires an HTML5-compliant web browser (Microsoft Edge/Google Chrome) and will not be rendered properly if launched in Internet Explorer.
Apply License Key
The Server IID file required to obtain a key can only be generated after installation is complete. The server will function for 30 days without a key. See License Management for licensing instructions.
User Log In
- Browse to http://<SERVER>:8554
- Enter default credentials (Username: admin, Password: admin)