This article describes Content Grouping. Group content from one or more documents into a single PDF or Excel file.
Create a delivery template defining grouping format and destination.
- Format: Select PDF or Excel
- Grouping By: Select a grouping type
- Burst: Group all files resulting from the burst
- Document Variable: Group files based on common bursting parameter value
- Email Recipient: Files will be grouped by email recipient if the recipient is designated to receive files from multiple documents in a burst
- Template to use: Select a delivery template
- Grouping Variable: Enter the name of the grouping variable (parameter/filter name or alias)
- Tab Names (Excel only): Use the [$XLTAB] and other system macros to name an Excel worksheet (tab)
- Hide Table of Contents (PDF only): Select this option to hide table of contents
- Content Title (PDF only): Customize name (title) of content in a grouped file. Affects bookmark tree and table of contents.
- Generate Page Numbers (PDF only): Select to add page numbers to grouped file
- Exclude Documents: Select one or more documents to exclude from content grouping. A delivery must be defined for any excluded document.
Delivery-Level Format Options
- Configure Content Grouping
- Add a delivery for the document
- Do not configure a destination (default is InfoBurst Portal). The destination is defined at the Delivery Template level.
- Select a format that matches the format defined in the Delivery Template
- Configure the desired format-specific option(s)