This article describes the process of migrating from Build 240 to a 64-bit version of InfoBurst.
Builds 240 and earlier of InfoBurst are 32-bit. InfoBurst moves to 64-bit in 2021 starting with version 2021.1. The InfoBurst naming convention changes from Build to Version and the version numbering convention changes to reflect version release year, major version, and minor version (i.e. 2021.1.2). Minor versions are comprised largely of fixes for the major version.
For users of Build 240, the move to a 64-version on the same server that hosts Build 240 is considered a migration. The 64-bit version is a separate installation and can be installed alongside a 32-bit installation.
32-bit builds of InfoBurst used separate installation and update files. 64-bit versions use a single file which can be used for both installation and update.
The following platforms and features are not supported in 64-bit versions of InfoBurst. Users of these features cannot migrate until these items are no longer in use. Please contact the InfoSol Help Desk for assistance.
|BI 4.x DCP|
|BI 4.x Java|
|Features||Tableau TDE format|
|iOS Dashboard Packaging|
|SWF Dashboard bursting|
|Xcelsius dashboard connectors|
In-place migration involves installing the 64-bit version of InfoBurst on the same server that hosts Build 240 (32-bit).
The following items are required before installing a 64-bit version on the same server that hosts a 32-bit build:
- Update to latest release of Build 240 prior to installing a 64-bit InfoBurst version
- Stop the InfoBurstPlatform service (Build 240) and make a complete InfoBurst database repository backup.
- Tableau TDE Users: Change TDE format deliveries to Hyper format
- If a Database Connection uses a 32-bit ODBC DSN, then an equivalent 64-bit DSN must be created with a name that matches the 32-bit version. This must be done for any/all 32-bit DSNs used by InfoBurst. To audit Database Connections for those using ODBC, select Search and select type DBConnection. Then select a Database Connection and select the Connection tab to view the connection type.
The 64-bit InfoBurst installation will automatically detect and use the database repository connection used by Build 240. It is critical that a backup of the Build 240 repository is made prior to 64-bit InfoBurst installation so that the server can be reverted to Build 240 if required.
Crystal Reports Users
64-bit versions of InfoBurst only support BI 4.2 SP08 and later. Users of previous versions of BusinessObjects must remain on Build 240 until it is possible to update to BI 4.2 SP08 or later.
The 64-bit version of the BI Platform 4.2 SP08 .NET SDK Runtime must be installed prior to using Crystal Reports with the 64-bit version of InfoBurst.
- Download the most current InfoBurst version
- Stop and disable the Build 240 InfoBurstPlatform service (Windows Services > InfoBurstPlatform)
- Follow the steps detailed in the Installation section of the Installation article. Do not attempt to install 64-bit InfoBurst in the same application root folder where the Build 240 (32-bit) resides (default = C:\Program Files (x86)\InfoSol\InfoBurstPlatform).
- InfoBurst user interface URL does not change after in-place 64-bit migration
XDC data caches are not migrated from Build 240. Execute any XDC(s) post-installation to rebuild data caches.
Files stored in the /Apps folder are not migrated automatically. Any apps files required in 64-bit InfoBurst must be copied manually from the 32-bit /Apps folder.
Revert to Build 240
Please contact us if you have a need to revert to Build 240 after 64-bit migration.