Start a new topic
Answered

attach an exisiting PDF document to Burst report

Is there a way in InfoBurst to attach a PDF document to the Bursted report?

Best Answer

You should be able to accompolish this with no problem.

- Create a test report with a few users.

- Then add both the initial document being bursted with the instructions document (The PDF must be cataloged in InfoBurst). 

- Once that is all added create the delivery for the first document and add a delivery to the PDF doc. 

- Under the Burst properties on the lower right hand side of the home burst menu there should be a box checked by default named "Group Email". Make sure that is checked and test it out.

- This will result in the second report being delivered as well.

Let me know if this helps.

-Bryan D

Hey Laurie,

Could you please describe the basic requirements and context?

Are you already bursting a report but also would like to add an additional PDF delivery?

-Bryan D

Yes....I am bursting an existing report and would like to attach an additional PDF document of instructions.

The existing report is to our dealers that need to create an account on our new Dealer application.  I would like to attach the login instructions to the bursted report. 

Laurie

Answer

You should be able to accompolish this with no problem.

- Create a test report with a few users.

- Then add both the initial document being bursted with the instructions document (The PDF must be cataloged in InfoBurst). 

- Once that is all added create the delivery for the first document and add a delivery to the PDF doc. 

- Under the Burst properties on the lower right hand side of the home burst menu there should be a box checked by default named "Group Email". Make sure that is checked and test it out.

- This will result in the second report being delivered as well.

Let me know if this helps.

-Bryan D

Thanks Bryan.....I completely forgot about the Group email checkbox....I have used that in the past.   Your solution gives me a few of the pieces I was missing. 

Appreciate your help!

Laurie

Bryan....I am having trouble cataloging the PDF doc in InfoBurst.  I deployed the PDF document to the Report Server, but when I go to add the document in InfoBurst, it is not showing in the list to be able to select.

Hey Bryan.....I was trying to catalog from the Platform option and I wasn't seeing the PDF document so I changed to the Network option and I can now see the PDF Document from the Network driver I stored it on.  I was able to catalog the PDF in InfoBurst that way.

Laurie

That is correct.  The Platform connection will give access to the documents contained on that platform (BO, SSRS, etc).  Putting the PDF into one of the shared drives that is configured in InfoBurst will give you the ability to catalog any compatible documents in that location.

-Jeremy

Login or Signup to post a comment