Start a new topic
Implemented

Designate system with navigation bar message

It can be easy to get confused which environment you are working in when working with Infoburst "prod" and Infoburst "QA".  It would be AWESOME if we could change the Red banner to Gray for our QA/Test environment.  

I would like to see this on both the Login screen and then Also at the top after logged in (the Red banner would now be gray).  I recommend a darkish gray so that any font that currently displays on the Red will also be clearly visible in the gray banner (enough contrast).  I hoping this would mean minimal changes needed for this request!

One idea to toggle this change on would be on the System Information window (after clicking on the "?")  - to have a checkbox there to "Display Banner in Gray" or something like that.

Thanks for the consideration,

~Roxanne

2 people like this idea

Hey Roxanne. Thanks for the feedback. Color changes based on type of environment are probably not possible. However, the InfoBurst login screen can display a SystemMessage (System > Configuration > SystemMessage) where the text can describe/name the environment:

One idea would be to have an option on SystemMessage to display that text somewhere on the InfoBurst UI menu bar:

Another would be to display the SystemMessage under Help > System Information:

The second option would be easier to implement. The first option may not work based on the size of the SystemMessage and size of the browser window.

Thoughts?

Well .... that would be some help. I like the first idea much more - you need something visual WHILE you are in the tool.  the 2nd idea would only be helpful if you happen to open that screen, but again, a helpful indicator to the 'average Joe' who may not be familiar with server names.  

If the first option were implimented, how about imposing a character limit - "Infoburst Development" is 21 Characters.  I'm good with that limit.  you could alway have it say "***IB DEV****" or some such.  Just something visual to help you brain remember where you are at.  

Just to clarify - I was not proposing that Infoburst needs to figure out if the environment is prod or test ... just give users the ability to change the banner to gray or not.  It's up to them to decide which environment they want to apply that to.  

Thanks for the update.

Login or Signup to post a comment