Start a new topic
Implemented

Data Source support for BO Inbox values

When distributing content, via PDFor Excel, InfoBurst allows you to leverage a File List or (as we used to call it an EPL (External Parameter List) to send to multiple emails based on a dynamic list of recipients.

This is one of the most popular methods that is leveraged in the tool, and as such is invaluable in its existence.

Some attachments may exceed the size needed to send via this method, and thus, are better placed in a user's BO Inbox on the platform. Although this capability IS provided, it does not allow DataSource EPLs to fill the recipient list, as it is one-at-a-time adding users to the list.

My suggestion, is to allow DataSource EPL support for this distribution method.

I know I may exist in an extreme minority to actually use this destination extensively, but the nature of my business over the last 10 years has forced us to depend on this method for a large majority of our reporting distribution.

Alternatively, Publisher allows Group recipients as well as individual users, which reduces setup cost, but if there can be support for sending to Group Recipients on the BOE Platform, that would be just as good if not better.

Interested in your thoughts.

-Kirc Breden

1 Comment

In InfoBurst 2023.1:

• Data Source and data context implemented for BusinessObjects Inbox destination
  • BusinessObjects Group added as inbox delivery recipient
Login or Signup to post a comment