Start a new topic
Not Taken

New Role to have certain abilities and access from existing roles

Currently, the Consumer Role has Portal View access, but no access to create, edit or modify.

Team Members have ability to create, edit or modify, but no access to the Portal View.

I propose a new Role to come between the Team Member and Project Manager, with a bit of both plus Portal View Access to allow them to see the fruits of their labor while creating solutions for distribution.

Current:

User Roles

Role

Access Rights

Administrator

Full access to all facets of the system and can administrate all objects, content and users/groups Run a Schedule as schedule owner

System Operator

Create, edit and view all items View and monitor all scheduled and executing jobs via the Schedule panel Run a Schedule as schedule owner Role supersedes View Only folder access

Project Manager

Create, edit and view any objects in folders to which they have been granted access by an Administrator View and monitor scheduled and executing jobs to which they have access via the Schedule panel Create and set access on sub-folders within parent folders to which they have access Consider a Project Manager the equivalent of Administrator at the folder level Role supersedes View Only folder access

Team Member

Create, edit and view any objects owned by the user in folders to which they have been granted access by an Administrator

Consumer

InfoBurst Portal access Access to XDCs Receive content via email No user interface

Recipient

Receive content via email No user interface access

Proposed:

User Roles

Role

Access Rights

Administrator

Full access to all facets of the system and can administrate all objects, content and users/groups Run a Schedule as schedule owner

System Operator

Create, edit and view all items View and monitor all scheduled and executing jobs via the Schedule panel Run a Schedule as schedule owner Role supersedes View Only folder access

Project Manager

Create, edit and view any objects in folders to which they have been granted access by an Administrator View and monitor scheduled and executing jobs to which they have access via the Schedule panel Create and set access on sub-folders within parent folders to which they have access Consider a Project Manager the equivalent of Administrator at the folder level Role supersedes View Only folder access

Developer

Create, edit and view any objects owned by the user in folders to which they have been granted access by an Administrator View and monitor scheduled and executing jobs to which they own via the Schedule panel InfoBurst Portal access Receive content via email

Team Member

Create, edit and view any objects owned by the user in folders to which they have been granted access by an Administrator

Consumer

InfoBurst Portal access Access to XDCs Receive content via email No user interface

Recipient

Receive content via email No user interface access

Hey Kirc. Thanks for the feedback.

"Team Members have ability to create, edit or modify, but no access to the Portal View."

The Team Member role does have Portal access:

I think you may have read the User Role documentation to mean that anyone that is not a Consumer does not have Portal access. We have refined the document to avoid such confusion:

Update from user:

Okay, I must have been misled by my user(s), I did a guineapig user who was not imported, so I can set her role to whatever I needed to test.

As Team Member, she has Portal Access.

Now to pass her into workflows for low level distribution development…. Will get back to you on those results, if they satisfy the need.

Thanks for the update. We are happy to see users leveraging the InfoBurst Portal. The use case you propose we have not seen before (Workflow user + Portal). Currently, A Workflow-only user does not currently see a Portal option in the main user interface. We will be adding this option in 2023.2.

Please disregard my last reply. After consideration, we have decided not to add a Portal option for a Workflow-only users in the main user interface. This is because Portal is not a delivery destination for any Workflow.

Login or Signup to post a comment