Start a new topic
Implemented

Request for system macro to get application server/ environment name

I find it useful to have a macro be available to get dynamic value for application server name and/or environment (dev/test/prod) name.  This is useful when creating notification templates and used during testing that indicates the system it originated from.  I have this value hardcoded and currently, during testing, it requires that I manually override this value to correctly represent the environment to avoid any confusion in the event of an alert.  Having this macro will save time in managing these values manually in all places.  

Here is an example:

Hey Kavitha. Thanks for the idea.

"I find it useful to have a macro be available to get dynamic value for application server name and/or environment (dev/test/prod) name."

We understand what you mean by "application server name." What do you mean specifically by "environment (dev/test/prod) name?"

For your question, “ What do you mean specifically by "environment (dev/test/prod) name?" “ I meant a macro that can indicate the server environment like if it’s a Dev environment or production environment or in some cases , test environment if it’s applicable. The reason for this is that it would allow us to list both application server name and the environment together on the subject line. But if we can have server name macro that alone would be helpful to serve the purpose.

Thanks for the update. 

"I meant a macro that can indicate the server environment like if it’s a Dev environment or production environment..."

What exactly would that macro resolve? Where do you define the designation of the InfoBurst environment? Do you use System > Configuration > Category:General > SystemMessage?

If no, then please clarify. We need to know exactly what you would want the macro to resolve and from where.

"Where do you define the designation of the InfoBurst environment?"

if possible, can a new option/value, named " Environment" or something similar,   at  System > Configuration > Category:General >  be available ?

"If no, then please clarify. We need to know exactly what you would want the macro to resolve and from where"

Macro would resolve the value set in "Environment"  at System > Configuration> category:general >

Hope I answered all of your questions.  If not, please let me know.

Thanks

KAvitha 

Thanks for the update. We will explore the option to provide the existing ServerName and SystemMessage values as macros.

sounds good!  thank you Bryan!

The [$SERVERNAME] and [$SYSTEMMESSAGE] macros are available in InfoBurst 2023.4.

https://help.infosol.com/support/discussions/forums/19000186807

Login or Signup to post a comment