Start a new topic
Not Taken

Dynamic static file pick up

we have a requirement to pick up a static excel file from a network folder and deliver it email recipients. but the files are named with dynamic dates we would like to create a new burst that pick up the files based on the dynamic date on the file.

the file is delivered to the network folder separate from infoburst. 

1 person likes this idea

I think it would be helpful to edit/define the file name block with a macro-enabled editable field. 

Specifically, extending this same ability into the Trigger File Location as well, to notice when the file appears, on a incremental period, running the Burst/Schedule that would grab the corresponding file and disposition it. 

Hey Geleta. Your idea may already be achievable. Let's say the static file you describe has a generic name (example: my-excel.xlsx). You can add that file to InfoBurst, add it to a Burst, and configure a Delivery. In the Delivery, you can define a custom file name using macros.

Example:

[$DOCNAME]-[TODAY,MM-DD-YY]

These macros will resolve the following file name:

my-excel-06-20-23.xlsx

If the static file is written to the folder with generic name, then InfoBurst can pick it up at Burst runtime and create a custom file name using the date macro.

Would this meet your requirement?

Hey Kirc.

"Specifically, extending this same ability into the Trigger File Location as well, to notice when the file appears, on a incremental period, running the Burst/Schedule that would grab the corresponding file and disposition it."

You describe a different idea. I encourage you to log the idea in a new forum. 

Login or Signup to post a comment