Start a new topic
Answered

Stop running burst

Is there a way to stop running burst ( except restarting the server) ?

Thank you,

Nick

Best Answer

You can the IBResetSchedule command to clear the burst from the queue:

• Open a command prompt (Run as Administrator) on the InfoBurst server
  • Change directory into the InfoBurst application root (default = C:\Program Files (x86)\Infosol\InfoburstPlatform)
  • Enter IBResetSchedule
  • Follow the on-screen prompts to run the utility
  • Re-start the InfoBurstPlatform service

This command will kill any executing bursts so I recommend running it only when no other bursts are running.

1 person has this question

Yep, I tested that out this morning and it did the trick!:)

Thanks so much for responding so quickly.

-Rebecca

Hey Rebecca. Yes, this process applies even if the burst is not part of a schedule.

Bryan - Can you use this command even if the burst isn't located in a schedule?

So, this command window command can you use if the burst is not on a schedule?

Answer

You can the IBResetSchedule command to clear the burst from the queue:

• Open a command prompt (Run as Administrator) on the InfoBurst server
  • Change directory into the InfoBurst application root (default = C:\Program Files (x86)\Infosol\InfoburstPlatform)
  • Enter IBResetSchedule
  • Follow the on-screen prompts to run the utility
  • Re-start the InfoBurstPlatform service

This command will kill any executing bursts so I recommend running it only when no other bursts are running.

Thank you for the quick answer. I was able to stop it but as you mentioned the burst is still showing as locked. I don't see the report running on the BO server as well. Will give it some time.

Thanks again,

Nick

A running burst can be stopped on the Schedules tab. Open the Schedules tab, hover over the burst, and select the stop button.

Stopping is not an exact science. If the burst is in a phase that is within InfoBurst control, then InfoBurst can stop the burst immediately. If the burst is in a phase where InfoBurst is awaiting a response from BusinessObjects (OPEN/REFRESH/PUBLISH), then InfoBurst makes a call to BusinessObjects to terminate the requested process. BusinessObjects does not always respond immediately. So a burst may not always stop immediately depending on what phase it's in.

I was able to stop the job via scheduler .

Login or Signup to post a comment