Start a new topic
Implemented

Discover System Reporting - Distribution enhancements

The new Discover feature for system reporting is a great addition to IB. However the distribution is limited.

• It would be good if the scheduled report could be sent to someone other than the job owner.
  • Another feature which would really help us (and I’m sure other customers) would be the ability to save the output directly to the network.

Currently, I have to manually save the email attachments to the network. We do this for daily auditing of our IB setup. If I forget to save them or I’m absent then the files are not saved.
  • In the BurstDeliveries export, in the date column put the actual date and not "today", "yesterday", "last sunday". It's not much use when trying to sort by date! also for auditing purposes, it makes it difficult

Hey Colin.

"It would be good if the scheduled report could be sent to someone other than the job owner. Another feature which would really help us (and I’m sure other customers) would be the ability to save the output directly to the network. Currently, I have to manually save the email attachments to the network. We do this for daily auditing of our IB setup. If I forget to save them or I’m absent then the files are not saved."

InfoBurst 2023.1 add the ability to leverage a Template in a Discover schedule which opens up delivery of Schedule reports to any InfoBurst-supported destination.

"In the BurstDeliveries export, in the date column put the actual date and not "today", "yesterday", "last sunday". It's not much use when trying to sort by date! also for auditing purposes, it makes it difficult."

It is possible to customize a Discover report with custom sorts and adding/removing columns. Is this not sufficient for the requirement? If no, then please provide more detail.

Hi Bryan
For the date issue, we need to credit audit reports on which bursts have run. We have created schedules in Discover to output the data to Excel. We then have a job that picks up these files and loads the data into SQL server. 
However in the burst delivery file for example, the delivery date says "today", ie it is not a proper date. If the export is run for a range of dates then it could also say "yesterday", "last sunday" etc. The delivery date should be a proper date. Otherwise, it means we have to try and calculate what the date really is based on the extraction date.

Thanks for the update.

"If the export is run for a range of dates then it could also say 'yesterday', 'last sunday' etc."

This will only occur when exporting a report interactively:

A report produced via schedule contains proper dates:

Login or Signup to post a comment